One of the most important factors in determining the standing of a college in today’s competitive environment is the placement record of the institute. This includes:
- The kind of companies that visit the college
- How prepared its students are for immediate employment
- Past track record of stickiness and contribution of the alumni to their companies
But most colleges find it very difficult to compete in this department, due to lack of dedicated and effective recruitment programs.
Keeping these problems in mind, the brains at Career Launcher, who have had a history of successfully planning and effectively launching educational programs in the fields of test preparation and mainstream education, came up with a solution in the form of the Career Development Centers (CDC) under the Cognex Technology.
The Cognex Technology, backed by a carefully thought out strategy that ‘begins with the end objective in mind’, aims at creating ‘placement success stories’, transforming the placement prospects of colleges from liabilities into high yielding assets.
This ultimate aim has been broken down into precise goals, backed by strategies to achieve each of them. Our goals are:
- Best in class recruiters
- Best in class salaries
- Diversity amongst recruiters
- Better performance at recruitment events
- Low attrition in the first job which leads to better word of mouth
- 2-3 year course
- 250+ hours of classroom lectures
- It is a training, development, career and employability enhancement program.
– this involves skill enrichment, personality development, grooming, placement and higher education guidance
- On campus intervention
- Third party programs from Microsoft, Oracle, Cisco and others
- IT enabled
- Infrastructure within the campus
- Allot up to a maximum of 3 hrs/week/student (within batches) to enable the Career Development Centers to deliver its programs
- Plan implementation of new services/modules under the CDC during the course of the year to ensure greater value add to students
- Assist in implementing CDC assessment programs which will measure learning effectiveness
- Help and support the CDC programs and their development during the year to ensure upgraded services to students
- Ensure required attendance by all students as per curriculum design
- Design, implement, execute and deliver the Career Development Centers programs
- Deliver a minimum of 2 hrs/week/student
- Take charge of infrastructure given by Institute for the CDC and maintain the same in good working condition
- Enhance the CDC programs during the year to ensure upgraded services to students