The CCNA Security curriculum emphasizes core security technologies, the installation, troubleshooting and monitoring of network devices to maintain integrity, confidentiality and availability of data and devices, and competency in the technologies that Cisco uses in its security structure.
CCNA Security professional can install, monitor, and troubleshoot Cisco security solutions to secure a small branch office network. Cisco IOS security features on Cisco routers and switches are deployed using both graphical user interface tools (GUIs such as the Cisco Security Device Manager or SDM) and command line interfaces (CLIs). You will also understand the necessity of a comprehensive security policy and how it affects the posture of the network
Valid CCNA Security Certification or any CCIE Certification can act as a prerequisite
Knowledge of CCNA is essential to learn CCNA Security.
- Describe the security threats facing modern network infrastructures
- Secure Cisco routers
- Implement AAA on Cisco routers using local router database and external ACS
- Mitigate threats to Cisco routers and networks using ACLs
- Implement secure network management and reporting
- Mitigate common Layer 2 attacks
- Implement the Cisco IOS firewall feature set using SDM
- Implement the Cisco IOS IPS feature set using SDM
- Implement site-to-site VPNs on Cisco Routers using SDM