The CCNA certification has been devised by CISCO and stands for Cisco Certified Network Associate. The certificate validates a professional’s ability to understand, configure, operate, configure and troubleshoot medium-level switched and routed networks and also includes the verification and implementation of connections via remote sites using WAN.
Exam 640-802: CISCO Certified Network Associate-INTRODUCTION:
Welcome to the exciting world of Cisco certification. Cisco certification can improve your understanding of the internetworking of more than just Cisco products: You will develop a complete understanding of networking and how different network topologies work together to form a network. This is beneficial to every networking job and is the reason Cisco certification is in such high demand, even at companies with few Cisco devices.
- 70 Hours
- A CCNA certified professional can install, configure, and operate LAN, WAN, and wireless access services securely, as well as troubleshoot and configure small to medium networks (500 nodes or fewer) for performance.
- VLANs, Ethernet, security, and access lists. This knowledge includes, but is not limited to, use of these protocols: IP, IPv6, EIGRP, RIP, RIPv2, OSPF, serial connections, Frame Relay, cable, DSL, PPPoE, LAN switching.
To receive the CCNA certificate one must have passed either of:
- ICND1 Exam (100-101) and the ICND2 (200-101)
- Combined CCNA Exam (200-120)
PLANNING & DESIGNING
- Design a simple LAN using Cisco Technology.
- Design an IP addressing scheme to meet design requirements.
- Select an appropriate routing protocol based on user requirements.
- Design a simple internetwork using Cisco technology.
- Develop an access list to meet user specifications.
- Choose WAN services to meet customer requirements.
IMPLEMENTATION & OPERATION
- Configure routing protocols given user requirements.
- Configure IP addresses, subnet masks, and gateway addresses on routers and hosts.
- Configure a router for additional administrative functionality.
- Configure a switch with VLANS and inter-switch communication.
- Implement a LAN.
- Customize a switch configuration to meet specified network requirements.
- Perform an initial configuration on a router.
- Manage system image and device configuration files.
- Perform an initial configuration on a switch.
- Implement access lists.
- Implement simple WAN protocols.
- Utilize the OSI model as a guide for systematic network troubleshooting.
- Perform LAN and VLAN troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot routing protocols.
- Troubleshoot IP addressing and host configuration.
- Troubleshoot a device as part of a working network.
- Troubleshoot an access list.
- Perform simple WAN troubleshooting.
- Describe network communications using layered models.
- Describe the Spanning Tree process.
- Compare and contrast key characteristics of LAN environments.
- Evaluate the characteristics of routing protocols.
- Evaluate TCP/IP communication process and its associated protocols.
- Describe the components of network devices.
- Evaluate rules for packet control.
- Evaluate key characteristics of WANs.
CCNA certifications are valid for three years. To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:
- Pass the current ICND2 exam, or
- Pass the current CCNA exam, or
- Pass the current CCDA DESGN exam, or
- Pass any current CCNA Concentration exam (wireless, or security, or voice, or SP Ops), or
- Pass any current 642-XXX Professional level exam, or
- Pass any current Cisco Specialist exam (excluding Sales Specialist exams or MeetingPlace Specialist exams, Implementing Cisco TelePresence Installations (ITI) exams, Cisco Leading Virtual Classroom Instruction exams, or any 650 online exams), or
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications.
Accepting the terms of Cisco Career Certification and Confidentiality Agreement is a very important part of obtaining Cisco Certification, failing which the application processing of certification may be halted.
CCNA certifications are valid for three years.
Cisco Certification exams include the following test formats:
- Multiple-choice single answer.
- Multiple-choice multiple answer.
- Test let.
- Sim let.