The IT Service Management Foundation certificate describes the key information and concepts for IT Service Management based on ISO/IEC 20000 as well as its relationships with other areas of information management. This course builds the fundamental skills and knowledge enabling one to participate in organizational teams working within Service Management. Emphasis is on the service management system (SMS) and service management processes, specifically the core concepts and basic terminology of IT service management based on ISO/IEC 20000:2011.
Successful completion of the IT Service Management Foundation based on ISO/IEC 20000 course is the necessary prerequisite for continuing studies. The IT Service Management Associate based on ISO/IEC 20000, the next step, is strongly focused on the install, plan, do and check activities of Deming’s PDCA cycle and supporting the elements of audit and improvement (act) across the SMS. Once the Associate is achieved, there are two options: the IT Service Management Consultant Manager or the IT Service Management Auditor.The topics of the Foundation course include:
- Core concepts of Service Management and quality frameworks .
- The Service Management System (SMS) and the value and application of the PDCA cycle.
- High-level concepts around service design and transition.
- Objectives, activities and quality requirements of the service management process.
ITSM Foundation is intended for everyone playing a role or having an interest in IT service management. Specific roles could include:
- Business and supervisory staff.
- Team leaders.
- Service designers.
- IT architects and/or planners.
- IT consultants.
- IT audit managers / auditors.
- IT security managers / officers.
- Project/program managers.
- Suppliers, Lead suppliers and sub-contracted suppliers.
- Service provider customers.