ITIL Operational Support & Analysis
Operational Support and Analysis (OSA) Certificate is a freestanding qualification but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Capability stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management. The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in service management as documented in the ITIL Service Lifecycle core publications.
ITIL Certificate in Operational Support and Analysis is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply OSA practices in resolution and support of the service management lifecycle and specifically in the following key ITIL process, role and function areas:
- Event management.
- Incident management.
- Request fulfillment.
- Problem management.
- Access management.
- Service desk.
- Technical management.
- IT operations management.
- Application management.
The objectives of Operation Support & Analysis are to:
- Maintain business satisfaction and confidence in IT through effective and efficient delivery and support of agreed IT services.
- Minimize the impact of service outages on day to- day business activities.
- Ensure that access to agreed IT services is only provided to those authorized to receive those services.
- Individuals who require a deep understanding of the ITIL® Certificate in the Operational Support and Analysis processes and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organization.
- IT professionals who are working within an organization which has adopted and adapted ITIL® and who need to be informed about, and thereafter contribute to, an ongoing service improvement programme.
- Operational staff involved in event management process, incident management process, request fulfillment process, problem management process, access management process, service desk, technical management, IT operations management and application management, and who wish to enhance their role- based capabilities.
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and wish to advance to higher level ITIL® certifications.
- Individuals seeking the ITIL® Expert Certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification can be one of the prerequisite modules.
- At least 30 contact hours (hours of instruction, excluding breaks, with an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) or an accredited e-learning solution) for this syllabus, as part of a formal, approved training course/scheme.
- 2 to 4 years’ professional experience working in IT service management is highly desirable. Hold the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (or other appropriate earlier ITIL® and bridge qualifications)
- It is also recommended that candidates should complete at a minimum of 12 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the pertinent areas within the ITIL® Operational Support and Analysis core guidance in preparation for the examination.
- Introduction to Operation Support & Analysis.
- Event Management.
- Service Design.
- Incident Management.
- Request Fulfillment.
- Problem Management.
- Functions and Roles.
- Access Management.
- Service Desk.
- Technology Implementation Considerations.
- Summary, exam preparation and direct studies.