ITIL Service Transition
Service Transition Certificate is not only a free-standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Lifecycle stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management. The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in service management as documented in the ITIL Service Transition publication.
The objectives of service operation are to:
- Plan and manage service changes efficiently and effectively.
- Manage risks relating to new, changed or retired services successfully deploy service releases into supported environments.
- Set correct expectations on the performance and use of new or changed services.
- Ensure that service changes create the expected business value.
- Provide good-quality knowledge and information about services and service assets.
- In order to achieve these objectives, there are many things that need to happen during the service transition lifecycle stage.
- Planning and managing the capacity and resources required to manage service transitions.
- Implementing a rigorous framework for evaluating service capabilities and risk profiles before new or changed services are deployed.
- Establishing and maintaining the integrity of service assets.
- Providing efficient repeatable mechanisms for building, testing and deploying services and releases.
- Ensuring that services can be managed operated and supported in accordance with constraintsspecified during the service design stage of the service lifecycle.
ITSM trainers involved in the ongoing management, co-ordination and integration of operation activities within the service lifecycle.
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the ITIL service transition stage of the ITIL service lifecycle and how activities in it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization.
- IT professionals working in roles associated with strategic planning, execution and control within a service-based business model, seeking an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved in service strategy.
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert Certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification can be one of the prerequisite modules.
- Individuals seeking progress toward the ITIL Master Certificate in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite.
At least 21 contact hours (hours of instruction, excluding breaks, with an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) or an accredited e-learning solution) for this syllabus, as part of a formal, approved training course/scheme
- A basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable
- Hold the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (or other appropriate earlier ITIL® and bridge qualifications
- It is also recommended that candidates should complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the ITIL® Service Operation publication in preparation for the examination
- Introduction to Service Transition
- Service Transition Principles
- Service Transition Processes
- Organizing for Service Transition
- Technology Considerations for Service Transition
- Managing People through Service Transitions
- Summary, Exam Preparation and Directed studies
- Implementation & Improving Service Transition
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks
The main target group for the ITIL Intermediate qualification Service Operation Certificate includes, but is not restricted to:
- Chief Information Officers (CIOs)
- Chief Technology Officers (CTOs)
- Supervisory Staff
- Team Leaders
- Service Designers
- IT Architects
- IT Planners
- IT Consultants
- IT Audit Managers
- IT Security Managers
- ITSM trainers involved in the ongoing management, co-ordination and integration of operation activities within the service lifecycle
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL Service Operation stage of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality if IT service provision within an organization
- IT professionals working within or about to enter a Service Operation environment and requiring an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and wish to advice to higher level ITIL Certifications
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert Certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification can be one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress toward the ITIL Master Certificate in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite