Microsoft Windows Server 2012 is core to Microsoft’s infrastructure and includes new capabilities in networking, storage, virtualization, and high-availability required on-premises and cloud environments. The Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows Server 2012 certification provides the necessary technical background and hands-on labs required to install, configure, and administer the Windows Server 2012 operating system and its advanced services.
This certification is covered in 3 exams (70-410, 70-411, 70-412) and is a prerequisite certification for 7 Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) specializations including: Server Infrastructure, Desktop Infrastructure, Private Cloud, Messaging, and SharePoint.
- 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012, Configuring
- 70-411: Administering Windows Server 2012, Configuring
- 70-412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
- Candidates with sound understanding of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) fundamentals, networking concepts; scripts and batch files; and authentication and authorization concepts.
- Learners with working knowledge of Windows Server 2012 R2 and Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Attendees having exposure to deployment, packaging, and imaging tools.
- Applicants with appropriate communication skills to develop proposals and budget recommendations.
- Participants with experience in administering Windows Server in a large organization spread at multiple physical locations with more than 2,500 users; in addition to multiple domains.
- Professionals deploying and managing applications at Windows 8 client desktops, both physically and virtually.
- Knowledge equivalent to MCSA Windows Server 2012.
Upon completion of the course, students will be qualified to be a Windows server administrator, system administrator, monitoring operator or network administrator.
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) professionals who are responsible for planning, designing and deploying a physical and logical Windows Server 2012 enterprise and Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) infrastructures including the network services. Candidates would typically have experience of previous Windows Server operating systems and have Windows Server 2012 certification (MCSA) or equivalent skills. The secondary audience for this course will be candidates are IT professionals who are looking to take the exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Enterprise Server Infrastructure, as a standalone, or as part of the requirement for the MCSE certification.
- Networking Administrator.
- System Administrator.
- System Engineer.
- Windows Server administrator.
- Server systems administrator.
- Monitoring operator
Eligibility for MCSA:
|Certifications||Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSA)|
|Required Experience||Prior hands-on experience with Microsoft software and hardware|
|Exam Requirements||Pass 3 exams on installing, configuring, and administering Windows Server 2012 or SQL Server 2012|
|Certification Options||Server infrastructure; desktop infrastructure; data platform; business intelligence; communication; messaging; SharePoint; private cloud|
MCSA Exam Pattern:
|Recertification||Must renew once every three years by passing a recertification exam|
|Exam Types||Formats vary, including multiple choice, short answer, best answer, case studies, active screen, drag and drop, hot area, mark review etc.|
Most MCSAs work for computer companies, consulting firms, business and financial companies
Total no.of Ques – 50
Pass Percent – 35/50 – 70 %